View Single Post
Old May 26th, 2015, 10:47 AM   #206
InvisiBill
EX500 full of EX250 parts

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): '18 Ninja 400 • '09 Ninja 500R (selling) • '98 VFR800 (project) • '85 Vulcan VN700 (sold)

MOTM - Aug '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
I am wondering why you guys are so eager to put this much effort into building a bike that Kawasaki already produces used to produce. Not trying to be a dick, just wondering.
FTFY. I know there are some nearly new (maybe even brand new) ones still out there, but at this point they've been out of production for 6 years.

One of these days I'll actually ride a 250, but my understanding is that the 500 and 250 are pretty similar, even more so when the 250 has a 500 engine in it. It's probably not worth doing this swap unless you've got a great 250 that needs an engine and find a deal on a 500 or something. Most people who want a 500 would be better off just buying a 500 (around here they about the same price as 250, or even cheaper). But if you enjoy this kind of work and have the bikes available to you, by all means, do your thing.

I wouldn't mind having the updated styling of the NewGen or 300 with my 500's engine in it (preferably with FI too). I'm not sure if it would be easier to get other fairings to fit the 500 or just stuff the 500's engine into the Ninjette...

*** Unregistered, I'm not your mom and I'm not paying for your parts, so do whatever you want with your own bike. ***
InvisiBill is offline   Reply With Quote