View Single Post
Old February 27th, 2010, 10:48 PM   #8
krzysiopl
ninjette.org member

Name: Kris

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Ninja 250R, Candy Plasma Blue

So i did some work this weekend with my ninjette. One of the last performance mods on the list was the BRT TSI!!!

At first I was really lazy to do it...as its cold and all but ehhh....

Ok, so i went for a ride in a 28 degree weather here in illinois. Bike ran great, it was a bit slippery...and people were looking at me if i was crazy!

Anyway, i did some test too see how it performs before the TSI...and well since it has a dynojet kit, filter and full exhaust it runs great!

So i went back home and took it apart:

So i was too lazy to take everything apart, and so all i did i just took of the seat and a little braket that holds the seat.

compare the two...the one on the left looks beautiful!

150/60/R17 fits perfectly and looks great!

Here is a pic of the TSI mounted in place...i put a ziptie around it so it doesnt move. You can also see that the seat braket is taken off..easier access and you dont have to take everything else apart.

Here is a pic of the BRT switch mounted in place on the clutch side

The way i routed the cable made it kinda short...darn it..but..

So since the cables were too short i added 2 pieces i found around the garage, around 7 inches long.

I put some electric tape around the cables to keep them moisture free.

I put a bunch of zipties so it doesnt move around and BINGO...all done!

As far as the ride, it all works great...and differance...WOW..AMAZING!!!! Rev response is amazing, it pretty much feel like a much bigger engine! It REVs TO 14000 RPMS like nothing!!! As far as the second map, im not sure how big is the power differance but for sure there is something as it seems to rev quicker. It was too cold to fully tested so i'm going to wait until it gets a little warmer for more tests.

I would definetly recommend anyone to buy this TIS, its awesome. Who cares that the stand kill switch is disabled...i never used it before anyway.

Last futzed with by krzysiopl; March 1st, 2010 at 06:27 PM.
krzysiopl is offline   Reply With Quote