Thread: KTM RC390!!!!!
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2014, 11:20 AM   #110
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Joe, take a towel and put it on your seat, folded up thick enough that you can only tiptoe your bike. Tape it in place and ride around for a week. Let us know how you like it.

It's easy to say tiptoeing is not an issue if you don't have to do it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Dry weight 212 pounds. Add a couple of hundred pounds to that to get it up to typical sportbike weight. It makes a difference.
I get that you have a valid concern, but your opinion isn't universally shared. I can't get close to putting my feet down on my 600+ pound RT, and have no issues maneuvering it in the tightest of conditions. Heck, I had the seat made significantly higher than standard for additional long-distance comfort. Seat height is always a tradeoff between lean angle capability, comfort, and packaging. Seat height tends to be a strong indicator of comfort for newer riders (and first time rider type bikes), and tends to have somewhat less importance as people get more miles under their belt. Somewhat surprised the 390 appears to be significantly higher than the CBR300 and the Ninja 300, and wondering if they will adjust that before hitting the US market.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.