Thread: KTM RC390!!!!!
View Single Post
Old March 4th, 2014, 04:49 PM   #117
Ducati999
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Ant

Motorcycle(s): Ducati 999 2012 Ninja 250r Ducati748 Yellow finally running 2003 SV650 S (SOLD)

I love the RC 390 and if it comes to the USA I will strongly consider trading in the SV and making The RC my daily/tracker. I chose the sv for the perfect amount of torque and its great around town manners. I believe the RC 390 will be even better for the riding I mostly do and I have never owned a brand new bike so there is that to look forward to also!! What a great bike idea approx. 43 horses and a thumper of torque should add up to fun Light weight + Thumper torque = much fun

I read above about the seat height debate. I am 5'11" with a 30" inseam and I can almost flat foot a 32" seat height bike but seat width can make or break the equation. Why don't more people lower their bikes? 1" in the back will hardly make a difference and the links are really cheap and easy to install. I lowered my ninja 250 2.5" in the rear and 1" up front so my 5' wife could comfortably ride. My ducati comes from the factory with a ride height adjustor which changes ride height by +/- 3" and the swing arm can be lowered another 1/2"which also lowers the seat. Lots of people lower the forks in the triple clamps to fine tune steering + or - 20mm which is over 1/2". Why tip toe when you can "set up" your bike to suit you? Lastly with the proper sag set a 32" unloaded seat height should drop to around 31.5" or less.
Ducati999 is offline   Reply With Quote