View Single Post
Old December 6th, 2014, 06:17 AM   #6
Hero Danny
Inline 4!!!

Name: Danny

Motorcycle(s): 2008 CBR600rr, 1987 KLR 250

Hmm.. I never really thought about the time. I usually just scan the road and analyse all the cars and other potential hazards (like those damn pedestrians). Usually I pay close attention to the cars that are parked on the sides of the road and waiting for an opportunity to swing into my lane. Next I worry about the car in front of me and making sure he doesn't slam on his brakes for whatever reason. Depending on the road I will also be checking oncoming traffic for people who may be attempting cut across. And then finally I'll look way far ahead for any traffic or out of the ordinary obstacles (suck as large puddles or construction.

Also I am always paranoid about cops, Whenever I am on the highway and go by a spot where cops will be hiding I will always slow down to the speed limit (just let go of gas, braking isn't necessary) until I pass the area and then speed off.

This all may not be perfect, but it's kept me safe so far, and believe me I've had many instances where I could have crashed if I was not paying attention to people (especially on the sides of the road).