View Single Post
Old May 3rd, 2009, 09:43 AM   #25
Buffalony
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Joe

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250 "Wasabi", 82 Yamaha xj650j

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazam58 View Post
The only time I felt a little outdone was when I greeted a dude riding a Ducati 1098 the other day. He was in full gear and greeted me as well, though, which was nice.
And I have no idea what's so bad about gear. Yeah, it may be hot sometimes, but I honestly think some of us look a whole lot more badass in armored jackets, helmets and boots and what not. But maybe that's just my opinion.
But I really wouldn't worry about it if I were you. We have motorcycles in the first place, that's what counts. We're all having fun riding them and we're in one piece.
You couldnt have said it better

BTW: The guy on the ducati. His other bike is a 2fiddy
IMO it seems you don't see to many idiots on ducatis or 2fiddys, especially 1098's!

Those guys were just organ doners, never mind them, they come and go quickly.

Gear IS cool and good looking. A geared rider appears intelligent, as they have taken the time to look forward and prepare themself for what ever may lie ahead.
People on bikes with out gear look STUPID. The bigger + louder the bike, the dumber they look. That Gary, was just a group of organ doning stupids with small pricks.

On the topic of bike sizes:
Heres a link to a good article about bike sizes past to present.
http://www.chuckhawks.com/good_first_motorcycles.htm

Here my favorite quote from that page. It kinda explains why I choose not to buy a sport demon.
"Recommending 600cc and larger bikes to beginners is like sending children out to play on the freeway, and the results are both predictable and (often) tragic"