View Single Post
Old November 20th, 2013, 04:53 PM   #39
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
The way I'm seeing this, no offense.

You want one outcome. But you want justification.
So you ask us.
We give you the other option; the more realistic option that will be better for your situation; the option you don't want to hear.
You keep going, so SOMEONE will eventually tell you what you want to hear so you can justify your purchase.

Seriously. Look at how fast and how stick the tires are that are available for the stock rim size. Look how many guys race. Look how fast they are. On oe wheels.

$400 could buy you oe wheels AND most of a pair of tires and rotors.

But if you want the vrossi wheels, by all means get them. The OEM wheels are fine and there's great tire options in those sizes. I'm on pregen size tires that are far inferior to tires that are available for newgen wheels. And I and haven't yet met the limits of those crummy tires. I'm not saying I'm fast, but I'm a lot faster than I was when I started. I think you're worrying about something that isn't necessary and are looking for positive reinforcement for something that you plain old want but don't need.

Like I said, your ride. Do whatever you want with it. But know that the OEM wheels will treat you just fine and will give you plenty of awesome tire options.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote