View Single Post
Old December 15th, 2013, 01:03 PM   #1
corksil
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: TC

Motorcycle(s): A lot.

Slip on, or full exhaust?

Hey guys, I'm starting to become attached to my 250r. Now that I've changed the chain/sprockets, and done all the maintenance the bike is starting to grow on me.

What bugs me the most about the aesthetics of the machine is that giant silver dingushole tumorcan cylinderpenis exhaust muffler whatever-it-is.

The sound of the bike didn't really bother me, but a few days ago in town I saw a 250r with an aftermarket slip-on on what appeared to be stock exhaust system. That bike sounded so much MEANER than mine! The idle was a crisp snap-pop-pop-snap-pop-pop instead of the fhpfshpfshpsfhpsfphshsfhpfsh sound that my 250r makes.

I'm aware that I won't be getting much power out of this machine, and it will never be a 'fast bike' -- but I'm considering a full exhaust system, removing the snorkel, and cleaning/jetting the carbs when I tear everything apart to inspect the valve lash. All of it would be happening at the same time.

What do you think? 180 for a slip-on/muffler, or 450 for a full exhaust system. (Of course I'd have to get the carbon fiber instead of the boring stainless muffler.)

Purchasing ONLY the slip-on would assuage my visual/auditory complaints, but I'm wondering if a full exhaust system would actually loosen up an noticeable power gains in addition to jetting/removing-snorkel.

Slip on and call it a day? Or full exhaust and all that other stuff?
corksil is offline   Reply With Quote