View Single Post
Old August 22nd, 2017, 07:04 AM   #46
A.J.
ninjette.org guru

Name: AJ

Motorcycle(s): 2001 Kawasaki Ninja 250r(SOLD) 2006 Kawasaki Ninja 250r full Muzzy(my pride and joy)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlowNsteady View Post
Thanks! Appreciate it. I'm hoping it'll start and run fine, but I'm worried about the fact it has been sitting for so long. Also the stock air box is gone and I'm not sure if the PO rejetted the carbs correctly.

Thankfully there's a ton of info on this forum!
I would think it should start as long as the carbs have been properly cleaned/rebuilt. Funny you mention the airbox. When I bought my 2001 project it wasn't missing but the only thing that was there was the box itself. I went to the salvage yard and pulled an airbox that was more complete. Obviously I still needed a new filter. Yeah, the kid that had the bike before me was riding it with no filter. I really wanted to call him and ask him if he's dumb or just doesn't care. I even had to buy the strap for $17 which is a small but very important part of the air box. Make sure you have everything as I am sure you will. As far as a filter I ended up with two UNI filter's, Around $18. They're really good filters. Sometimes it makes you want to pull your hair out wondering how these bikes get so bare and naked, part-wise. They just fall into the wrong hands on occasion, and piece by piece things start to disappear off these bikes. Keep truckin' my friend. When she's done you'll love her all the more.