Old November 29th, 2018, 05:20 PM   #13
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
Quote:
Originally Posted by adouglas View Post
Re track days I didn't mean actual paying "career," just doing it regularly. The basic skills used on the track are applicable to the street but on the street you're not hanging off, dragging knee, threshold braking etc. What you learn by watching racers is how to ride well at speed. Do not try to exactly emulate what you see on the street... it's too dangerous. The reason is that for much of what you see to make sense, you have to be riding very fast/hard... too fast for safety.
I figured you didn't mean an actual career to me it meant those that are able to go several times a year. With my current job I'll probably be able to do a few track days a year. eg: for 2019 the goal is 2 back to back days at Mid O, and if I have enough cash, 2 back to back at Palmer. So, just here and there for a bit of fun.

@AwDang @DannoXYZ I didn't mind riding in the rain the first time I went out in it. It was only a light rain, though. I'll build up my skills a bit before I try going out in heavier rain. I had been thinking to go out on dry days during the winter, but it's cold and I don't want the salt on my girl.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote