View Single Post
Old May 1st, 2020, 12:42 PM   #17
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple Jim View Post
I'm not thrilled with MSF either, Mike. My daughter took their course, and made one small mistake in the final test, slightly crossing a line, and was failed. The quick advice from the instructors was "take the course again". Sure, another couple hundred bucks just to take the test again. I was very disappointed that there was no way for her to retake the test with a reasonable price break.

We went to the DMV in a small North Carolina town and she passed the test on the first try. We're both happy that she took the course, and she feels the things she learned were well worth the cost, but that "take the course again" at full price is a bit much for a college student.
My wife wasn't thrilled about MSF here either. We scoped out local MSF course and talked to some participants. Their feedback was that even though class was good, there wasn't enough hands-on attention from instructors during actual practice-riding times. And that due to limited amount of bikes available, they had to wait long time between practice-sessions.

So we went and found private tutor for her instead. I think overall for less time and money spent, with private instructor we got better results
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote