View Single Post
Old May 2nd, 2020, 05:09 AM   #19
Koala
ninjette.org sage

Name: Koala

Motorcycle(s): 2017 Ninja 300 Winter Test Edition

MOTM - May '18
My two cents -

You might be better off trying to find an MSF instructor or track coach that is willing to give you some private lessons at an affordable price. Then after some practice time, take the test at the DMV. After a failed attempt at my state's beginner's course due to my social anxiety, I was fortunate to have access to an awesome member here that helped me out. While I did attempt the returning rider course and got further but not all the way through, the individual instruction was priceless to me. The best thing that could have happened for my riding. It's been a bumpy road, tried the BMV test twice (panic attack the first time, missed it by 1 point the second). The difference with doing the test is it's free. You have unlimited tries. I did my first track days last year, and plan on going back for more this year. That, and I will eventually go for the test again once the BMVs are opened back up.

Moral of the story - you got this. you might get two steps forward and one step back, but you'll keep moving forward, and that's what matters.

"To ensure you're giving your very best, blind yourself of all negativity, relax your mind, put inhibition to rest and drive hard toward your goals like it's the last thing on earth." - csmith12
Koala is offline   Reply With Quote

2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.