View Single Post
Old January 21st, 2009, 03:42 PM   #58
Broom
Track Junkie

Name: Jon

Motorcycle(s): '08 Ninja 250r Track Bike, DR350 commuter, KDX220 woods bike

for the track:
I'm too tall and skinny to fit any off the rack stuff, so i had to get a custom fitted suit. komodo is local to me and a big supporter of the race scene so i went with them. great suit and they have a big following. i definitely recommend komodo gear to anyone:

helmet: i'm pretty happy with my flat black HJC AC12

boots: alpinestars smx plus perfed, gloves: joe rocket gpx 2.0
love the boots. the gloves are ok. need to upgrade. they're a little too short for my long fingers and probably not really up to serious racing standards. they've held up well to a handfull of lowsides though.

backprotecter: i've been using this alpinestars one for the past 3 or 4 years and like it, but its pretty huge. i just picked up this icon vest in the off season and think its going to be much more comfortable.

also... very important.... earplugs:

put that all together and i look something like this:

around the city i usually just wear my old oxtar race boots, jeans, alpinestars sniper jacket, and the same gloves/helmet as my track setup. unless its really hot, then i'll wear my mx helmet. i know... the jeans are asking for trouble.

if i ever start commuting on the bike a lot again, i'll buy a aerostich suit to wear over my clothes.