View Single Post
Old August 31st, 2010, 05:39 AM   #11
dubojr1
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Jason

Motorcycle(s): 09 Ninja 250R SE, 07 Honda CRF230F, 06 Honda CRF150F

Quote:
Originally Posted by g21-30 View Post
Yeah I have seen all those threads. All good information. My biggest concern at this point is to make sure the new rear will be aligned with the front so the bike rides true. Chain alignment is the next concern. Seems to me there would have to be some axle spacer changes along with the caliper mount be milled to center the 150 in the swing arm. BTW, the process has begun. I found a used caliper mount on eBay last night for $11 shipped so I can have an extra to play with. I also found a 09 cush drive hub for $23 shipped, 09 cush rubber for $9 shipped, and a 09 rear rotor for $43 shipped. I'm negotiating a deal now to hopefully get a 150 rim for $99 plus shipping. Still need a sprocket too so I need to determine my desired gearing and then order one of them. I will also be on the look out for some 150/60-17 tire deals from Bridgestone's (also would consider others) but I have a few thousand miles left on my current IRC tire so I have some time to get this all together. I also found a guy that works with me that has his own machine shop at home. I hoping me and him can work out something to keep my cost down.

Don't forget to add yourself to our Member Map
dubojr1 is offline   Reply With Quote