View Single Post
Old August 23rd, 2019, 03:27 AM   #19
mitchman
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Mitch

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250R '08

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
Yup, you'll also create balance mismatch at limit that I find dangerous. Front-end will let go before sticker 140 rear, which is much, much more difficult to catch than rear going out first like with stock sizes.

One time at Thunderhill East, I got impatient in turn-2 and whacked throttle wide-open while completely leaned over. Guess what? Yeah, I crashed, but how it happened is annoying. Rear 140 tyre didn't spin, bike didn't exit turn rear-first or high-side me. Rear continued to stick even with full-throttle at full-lean!!! However, front tyre just let go with no warning! Having stickier rear-tyre than front is scary! If I was going to upgrade tyre-size, it would be front first. More grip in front is so much safer and easier to control when back-end slides first.
True, it is very dangerous on a track. Happened to me few times before finding out that the front tire is at max lean. Luckily without crashing. I was sure that there is something wrong with a suspension setup. Then I noticed tire wear... How did you solve the issue? You upgraded the front tire as well or just went to stock rubber dimensions?
mitchman is offline   Reply With Quote