View Single Post
Old December 27th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #6
Alex
ninjette.org dude

Name: 1 guess :-)

Motorcycle(s): '13 Ninja 300 (white, the fastest color!), '13 R1200RT, '14 CRF250L, '12 TT-R125LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJD022588 View Post
Also, do you think you could post another pic of how it's mounted on the 250?
Sure, next time I have the 250 outside in the sun I'll take some clearer shots of how it's mounted. It's nothing too exotic, it's just this mount:

http://www.cycoactive.com/ram/ram60.shtml

with the u-bolt wrapped around the left handlebar just inboard of the grip.

I save pretty much every GPS track after a ride, if I haven't been on those roads before. They are all stored in a single file back at the computer, so they can be overlayed onto a single map like this:

All GPS Tracks.jpg

I've got a couple dozen rides this year to still add to this map, but you get the gist. The GPS also came in very handy when Ann and I did our Europe m/c trip awhile back. We didn't need to follow the planned route exactly, and could turn off and explore whatever we wanted, knowing we'd still be able to find the next lunch stop or other sightseeing area. We became a bit like the Pied Piper and were pulling another 3 or 4 bikes along just about everywhere, which did take some of the load off of the official guides.

ninjette.org Terms of Service

Shopping for motorcycle parts or equipment? Come here first.

The friendliest Ninja 250R/300/400 forum on the internet! (especially Unregistered)
Alex is offline   Reply With Quote