View Single Post
Old December 28th, 2008, 06:47 PM   #17
BlueTyke
So slow I'm first!

Name: Sunny

Motorcycle(s): 06 Kawasaki Ninja EX250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
One thing I've started doing recently with the GPS is to geocode my motorcycling photos. Since all digital cameras embed the time you took the pic right into the file itself (as long as you set the clock on the camera), you have some key info. And since the GPS is keeping track of where you were at what time, you now have everything you need as long as you save that track log.

So after you load your pictures to your computer, and the tracklog to your computer, you can use (free) programs like this, which automatically syncs up your pictures with your GPS track, and re-writes the picture file with the latitude/longitude/nearest town/maplink right into each picture file itself. Without doing much extra work, you'll always know exactly where each picture was taken. Many picture sites are starting to read that location data automatically, so the map links show up right below the picture. Here's a gallery from a ride I just went on yesterday, you can see the map link below each pic:
Holly cow! Why didn't I think of that!! Shoot and here I was sitting looking at pictures going.. where was this again!? When I should have looked at the time stamp!

Btb I have the Garmin Zumo 450 on Tyke. Zumo (as I have not so creatively named it) and I argue a lot though... Mainly when Someone (Phil) sets avoidances and forgets to take them off when he returns Zumo to me.