View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:18 PM   #34
Doug
Husband of Nijette Owner

Name: Doug

Motorcycle(s): Lots of them

Like 'grease' grease? The stuff I use on the axles and such?

I last downloaded FW in November, but then it took a while for me to install the thing on my bike...I posted some pics on that other website. It looks pretty cool. I can't see the speedometer or the blinker indicator so well but most of the tach is visible and I know the bike so well now that I feel the RPMs anyway.

zumo2.jpg

I'm planning to pick your brain some about downloading and creating routes. The download seems straightforward enough...think I'll try that but I"m completely mystified as to how to create a route for a ride and load it into the GPS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex View Post
Doug -

First make sure you've got the latest firmware on the zumo. Use WebUpdater (can download it from Garmin's site), and don't stop updating until when you try to there's nothing left to update. There were some firmware revs that had some real stability problems.

Once you've got the firmware updated, then clean up all the electrical contacts. Get some dielectric grease. Take the battery pack off, rub some of that grease on the battery terminals and the zumo battery terminals, and reinstall the battery. Put some grease on the bottom terminals that attach to the bike mount, and put some on the pins on the bike mount as well.

At the end of all that, I think your shut-off problems will be a distant memory. (I had the same issue with the same Zumo, and all of the above cured it completely).
Doug is offline   Reply With Quote