View Single Post
Old January 26th, 2013, 08:44 AM   #9
bruce71198
ninjette.org sage

Name: bruce

Motorcycle(s): Race bikes:08 Ninja 250,11 R6,16 ZX6,SV650.3 HD-1947,2-2003,2010. 1946 Indian and a lot of dirt bikes.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by tubarney View Post
Even if you upgrade you suspension on this bike it will still get upset going over bumps in corners. You have to remember that you have conventional forks. They will never be able to encounter bumps mid corner and handle them.

I have race gold valve emulators in the front and the rear shock I mentioned earlier. As said above they make a world of difference when your cruising and in corners. BUT don't expect to be able to get your knee down on the street. If you hit a decent bump mid corner that low you will know about it trust me.
Not to sound counterdictive but race valve gold emulators dont make you a better rider and draging your knee isn't an indicator that your suspension is set up right.
I, personally, have taken a box stock ninja 250 to our parking lot and ran it in circles with my knee on the ground. On the other side of the coin I have witnessed begginer racers crash their "gold valve, Ohlins shocked" bikes off perfectly smoth corners on the race track.
I have done some inexpensive but really effective modifications to my fork internals, without the gold valves, that have made worlds of improvement to the front end of my race bikes. So much so that spending the extra coin on anything more would be a waist. These mods would carry over to a street bike with equal results.
To the OP, a good rear shock and some front end work taylored to your weight and intended use WILL make you and the bike better as a whole.
bruce71198 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.