View Single Post
Old January 27th, 2013, 04:57 AM   #14
tubarney
ninjette.org sage

Name: Brad

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 250r 2010 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by bruce71198 View Post
Not to sound counterdictive but race valve gold emulators dont make you a better rider and draging your knee isn't an indicator that your suspension is set up right.
I, personally, have taken a box stock ninja 250 to our parking lot and ran it in circles with my knee on the ground. On the other side of the coin I have witnessed begginer racers crash their "gold valve, Ohlins shocked" bikes off perfectly smoth corners on the race track.
I have done some inexpensive but really effective modifications to my fork internals, without the gold valves, that have made worlds of improvement to the front end of my race bikes. So much so that spending the extra coin on anything more would be a waist. These mods would carry over to a street bike with equal results.
To the OP, a good rear shock and some front end work taylored to your weight and intended use WILL make you and the bike better as a whole.
When did I say gold valves make you better rider. I think you miss understood what I wrote. What I am trying to say that this expensive shock is a waste unless you ride track as stock suspension set up is all you need for the street.

I can get my knee down on the street and but don't do it often as it is dangerous no matter what suspension you have. Parking lots are smooth as, how is this a comparison, I was doing this a week into learning to ride.

Just to let you know, my front and rear suspension of set up by these guys http://www.shocktreatment.com.au/racetech.html so its set up properly. I decided to give it a go myself, tuned it every week for six months, bough numerous books on suspension even the race tech bible but still couldn't get it right so I took it to them.
tubarney is offline   Reply With Quote