View Single Post
Old February 21st, 2013, 08:37 PM   #22
Yakaru
The Violet Vixen

Name: Yakaru

Motorcycle(s): Perigee (250), Hotaru (250), Saturn (300), Pearl (300), Zero (S1000RR), Chibi (Z125), Xellos ('18 HP4R)

MOTM - Jun '16
Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalNewb View Post
Hahaha, that's what I keep telling my concerned family. But they insist that I stick to surface streets.
Anyway, thanks for the advice. I hope your bike situation gets resolved quickly and competently, so you can be back on two wheels again soon.
Yep, me too. I'm trying to figure out what I should expect if she's totalled -- I'm not about to buy a used bike (I babied Hotaru and don't trust someone who's selling a low mileage 250 to have done the same) plus all my mods plus my gear. Aside: according to the State Farm claims rep my own gear isn't covered -- the helmet they'll pay for but not the jacket/gloves/pants/boots. I've asked them to confirm that and try to get a rider for future incidents. Since this is (I assume) the other party's fault though those should all fall under their liability, correct?

Regardless of the payout, if she's totalled I'm getting a new bike -- the only question is should I grab a 2012 250 or a 2013 300. I would love the extra power of the 300, given the amount of traveling I do, but I think the 250 is way cuter (at least once you get the flush mounts on) and more fun to tweak than a FI bike would be.
Yakaru is offline   Reply With Quote