View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2010, 04:37 AM   #11
demp
ninjette.org sage

Name: Matthew

Motorcycle(s): 2015 V-Star 950 Tourer (Deep Blue)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino View Post
Yes, I also agree tjkamper that I definitely will not buy new parts as of now because it's not really going to affect my turning/driveability with the damaged cowling. I hadn't thought about not buying new fairings and now I remember why I didn't really want him to pay for new fairings because I was thinking that I am still a new rider and could possibly drop the bike again in the future.

What do you folks think about the tire upgrades? What exactly will wider tires do on front and back and what will I lose/gain?
Thoughts on dynojet kit or steering damper?
Larger tires on the back look an awful lot better, but they do not help you in any way other than keeping you out of those construction grooves a little better really, they're larger/heavier, meaning they slow acceleration, and they do make the bike a little less "flickable", that being said, you couldn't pay me to remove my 150 rear

Dynojet and a full exhaust is your best bet, improves throttle response, making the bike seem like it has more power (mind you with a new exhaust it will have a few extra hp too)

Steering Damper, well everyone here will probably tell you it's not necessary, and I guess they're right, but I am still looking for one.
demp is offline   Reply With Quote