View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2010, 07:29 AM   #12
Dino
ninjette.org member

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by demp View Post
Larger tires on the back look an awful lot better, but they do not help you in any way other than keeping you out of those construction grooves a little better really, they're larger/heavier, meaning they slow acceleration, and they do make the bike a little less "flickable", that being said, you couldn't pay me to remove my 150 rear

Dynojet and a full exhaust is your best bet, improves throttle response, making the bike seem like it has more power (mind you with a new exhaust it will have a few extra hp too)

Steering Damper, well everyone here will probably tell you it's not necessary, and I guess they're right, but I am still looking for one.
Yes, I definitely agree with all your points. I do want to get fatter tires partially for the cosmetic look but also for the reason that anything to make the bike lower (hence the upgrade to the Corbin seat) I would like to attempt before I resort to the lowering kit. But mostly I want the fatter tires because I want a little bit more stability on the freeway, it's unnerving enough always getting tossed around by the wind! Every little jolt and shake there gets me thinking different ways of my imminent death! The steering damper is another upgrade that I want to get for the same reason, which will hopefully add some weight and stabilize the bike more on the freeway. The two choices that seem worthwhile are the Scott's Performance and Hypero, the lack of funds is the only stopping me right now from putting them in my cart! :P

And yes, I am upgrading a lot of things on the bike because I don't really think I'm going to need a lot more power anytime soon. It's been a year since I took the MSF course for the reason that I didn't want to get a motorcycle anymore after taking it. The sheer amount of power and weight was enough to intimidate me and make me reconsider riding at all. That and all the accidents that my two other brother's got in with brand new bikes and the death of a local student stopped me in my shoes. But then after riding my Honda Ruckus and having it STOLEN in my apartment complex, I decided that as long as I am responsible with the bike I should be okay. Now here I am!

Regarding the Dynojet I hear a lot of people have backfiring issues or that you have to do all sorts of things to make sure it's installed properly and that a lot of performance shops aren't installing it correctly, what's your experience with it? Also what kind of tires did you upgrade to? And if you get fatter tires in the rear should you also get fatter tires in the front to even out?
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote