View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2010, 01:45 PM   #18
Dino
ninjette.org member

Name: Dino

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Kawasaki Ninja 250R

Yeah, so far I haven't really purchased anything yet that affects the ride too much. Most of it has only been cosmetic except for the lowering kit. Looks like I will just wait on the dynojet and exhaust until later as well as the damper if I still do want it.

I'm itching to ride! (been riding for about two months) But having to use the muffler as my right foot rest isn't so great and I've just taken off ALL the fairings and gas tank. I had hoped to bring the fairings in for a paint job but the guy (bumper doc) said it would cost a lot more to fix and paint the one fairing and to just buy ones from ebay or paint the fairings myself.

I am also still waiting to put all the parts I ordered on the bike so that when I bring it to Fun Bike Center (San Diego), I won't have to take the frame sliders off once they put it on for free. That is kind of the reason of why I have been hitting the forums so hard regarding all these upgrades because A) I know I won't ever want to upgrade to a bigger bike and B) It's going to cost me a lot more to have to remove the frame sliders and have them put back on if I decide to jet the bike (and if I want to jet the bike, I want to have the exhaust on already so it's tuned together) I figured I'd have until Sept 9th to make up my mind because that's when the right footrest is scheduled to come in ($75 shipped from Michigan, should have bought somewhere closer )

Regarding the rear shock settings, am I supposed to move it to #1 because I weigh about 130lbs?

Note: Just FYI, the reason FBC is doing the labor for free is because they had originally quoted me $40 for install of the lowering link and $40 for the frame sliders but when I drove my bike there, one of the techs changed it to over $400 for both. Outraged, I wrote an e-mail on the site and they gladly called me back and let me know they would install everything for free.
Dino is offline   Reply With Quote