View Single Post
Old September 16th, 2021, 08:49 AM   #50
DannoXYZ
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: AKA JacRyann

Motorcycle(s): CB125T CBR250R-MC19 CBR250RR-MC22 NSR350R-MC21 VF500F CBR600RR SFV650 VFR750F R1M ST1300PA Valkyrie-F6C

MOTY - 2018, MOTM - Nov '17
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsninja2020 View Post
I was able to get it to rev up tonight a little bit and saw that the slides were moving up as the throttle was increased. Correct me if I am wrong, but the air being sucked into the cylinder is what helps the slides to lift and in doing so lift the jet needle out of the emulsion tube so that more fuel can mix with the air and go into the engine.
That's correct. Height of slide corresponds to volume of air going through carbs. It's fed and lifted by vacuum-port in front of carb-venturi. If you can confirm slides lift fully by redline, vacuum-port is working correctly.

It also lifts needle and increases gap to needle-jet. This allows matching fuel-volume to mix with air-volume. However, this is dependent upon fuel actually reaching carb-venturi to mix with incoming air. Unless secret and hidden passages in carb body have been thoroughly scrubbed, ultrasonic soaked and micro soda-blasted, there cannot be confirmation that sufficient petrol is flowing into carb-venturi.

You need to do some testing to gather data:

- starting: choke OFF vs. choke ON, is there a difference?
- revving past mid-range: shimmed needle vs. un-shimmed needle, is there a difference?

Current revving issues would indicate that carb passages are not sufficiently factory-fresh clean.

Last futzed with by DannoXYZ; September 16th, 2021 at 10:34 AM.
DannoXYZ is offline   Reply With Quote