View Single Post
Old February 6th, 2018, 12:05 PM   #1
austinninjabill
ninjette.org member

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 1992 250R Ninja

Where to route the coolant overflow tube?

Hi all.

I am getting close to finally attempting to turn over the 1992 Ninja 250 I was given a couple of months back -- after it had been sitting since 2004.

So far what I have done:

1. Tank cleaned; 5:1 muratic acid solution, then coated with 2-4oz of liquid WD-40 switshed around then drained to coat in order to stop surface rust; new petcock installed
2. Carbs completely rebuilt; torn down, all carb body and other parts soaked in chem-dip 'til shiny clean, then acetone washed, all serviceable components renewed; throttle and choke cables pressure lubricated
3. Airbox removed and replaced with K&N pods and K&N crankcase breather; slow jets updated from 38 to 40, main jets from 105 to 110, one spacer added on the main jet needle to compensate/offset increased airflow; idle air screws turned out 2.5 turns
4. Plugs removed and stabil engine "fog" sprayed liberally into cylinders, new plugs installed
5. Oil drained and filter replaced
6. New battery box constructed out of aluminum (since original battery box is molded into the original airbox); new battery installed

Engine turns freely in 1st gear with plugs removed (no compression).

Still remaining: renewing/bleeding brakes (but not needed to get engine running).

That's where I am at.

Now to my question.

When I was tearing the whole thing down, I didn't pay attention to where the coolant overflow hose was routed.

There is a routing "guide" welded to the frame on the lower right side, and it looks like the carb overflow and tank overflow both are supposed to be routed thru that guide, but I could find no equivalent routing or guide on the right side of the frame for the coolant overflow hose.

Any idea where the coolant overflow hose is supposed to go?
austinninjabill is offline   Reply With Quote