View Single Post
Old July 29th, 2019, 10:00 PM   #24
wtfemery
ninjette.org member

Name: Emery

Motorcycle(s): 2005 Ninja 250R

alright, so I've got the carbs back again and I'll be putting them back on the bike in the morning. I'm in contact with ducatiman and I'll see what tips he has to contribute, but I suspect the bike will run OK for at least a few days like last time. He put new float valves in again. Hopefully the last ones were just defective but I am open to suggestions to help prevent this from happening again.

After the troubleshooting didn't work (before i shipped them back off for him to check out) neither of us really knew what it could be. And when he tested them there were no obvious issues related to the overflow.

a carb-sync was on my list of to-do's (I don't know if it's needed but my brother, who sold me the bike, said it may be needed from what he learned online. I wouldn't say he's the most knowledgeable about the bike but it's worth noting) and I have the materials required for the write-up guide somewhere here on the forums, So I'll probably check that at least. Would that affect carb fuel levels? any other suggestions are well appreciated.

perhaps the plastic floats themselves are warped and need to be replaced? I really don't know if that could be a possible issue.

Also I really do appreciate ducatiman's help so far. Without it, the bike would have never run (even if it was only for a few days lol).
wtfemery is offline   Reply With Quote