View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2010, 05:47 PM   #17
Sailariel
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Alex

Motorcycle(s): 2010 Honda NT-700-V, formerly, Green 2008 Ninja 250R

Advanced. Certainly well ahead of anything out there. Now if we can get the MC Press (My pet peeve) to give kudos to motorcycles that make sense instead of hawking mega cc behemoths that can do Mach I, we might have some sanity in the sport. Was going down the highway te other day and had this Cro Magnon go by me on some sort of, who gives a damn, superbike with his wheel up at 45 Degrees. I guess I was supposed to be impressed--my honest reaction was that this was an unintelligent show off will not see 50, let alone 68. I enjoy my bikes and plan to ride at least till I am 80--. probably longer. I ride smart and don't ride over my head. I have enrolled in a Sport Bike Rider School to learn new skills. Life is an ongoing learning experience. Those who think they are experts, don't live very long. That does not only apply to motorcylcing. This may be a bit controversial, but you really need about 10 year's experience before you move up from a Ninjette to anything else. (My 2 Cents worth) --And do the bike justice. Anyone who thinks that they have mastered the Ninjette, should go Pro. After 50 years of riding a wide variety of bikes, there is no way that I have the ability to ride a Ninjette to its maximum potential. I have a friend who was a pro racer who will agree with me on that point. We are enamoured with horsepower--not only with motorcycles but cars as well. Who needs a 560HP Cadillac? A friend recently got a Porsche America as a 10nth year wedding anniversary present. This car does not feel comfortable at anything under 90mph. What is the point? The Ninjette without mods will outperform most cars. Why do we need more? I guess that I just don't get it. End of rant.