Old March 26th, 2013, 11:10 AM   #18
choneofakind
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: .

Motorcycle(s): .

MOTM - Feb '13, Feb '14
Quote:
Originally Posted by CycleCam303 View Post
Ch you did a track day. When I did my first big bike track day I passed 600s and I got an r1 to tuck the front when I passed him on the outside and scared him. Remind me not to run c group again. C group at a track day shows how little most riders get out of their bikes. So while I may ride what looks like really fast on the street. I keep a nice safety bubble and the 250 has pretty low limits that its comfortable pushing the bike.
Yeah I know what you mean. I learned a whole new definition of the word "fast" at the track. However I'm terrified of crashing, so that voice in the back of my head that says, "back off man, back off" is louder than most. So while I'm never anywhere near my limits on the road at whatever speed I choose, I always end up slowing down because I don't want something unexpected to hit me on a corner.

Also, the novice group (the c group) at Mid-Ohio is forbidden to pass anywhere except the back straight, so I ended up humping the tail of the same CBR rider the whole afternoon, which really cut into my entry speed on every turn because he braked way too early. I ended up taking a hot pit to get out of traffic twice.
choneofakind is offline   Reply With Quote