View Single Post
Old September 14th, 2012, 07:42 AM   #38
Heed
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): None yet, yet.

Seems like Honda goofed. They should really be taking advantage of the fact that there's only two companies overall a beginner has to look at when it comes to 250's

Looks account for so much. I can easily say that if the CBR250R didn't look like a malnourished VFR1200F, I would prefer it over the Ninja 250R.

The fact that it's a single cylinder doesn't really bother me. There's no question that the Ninja 250 is better on the highway, but generally, 250's aren't ideal for highway use to begin with.

Some beginners shied away from the carbureted 250 and went for the CBR without looking back. But now Kawi finally gets with the times and puts out a FI'd beginner bike that doesn't have a playskool instrument panel. Also, it's still a parallel twin and they've added about 50cc meaning it'll be much friendlier on the highway.

Every reason why someone would prefer the CBR250R to the Ninja 250R is now irrelevant... the 300 even has optional ABS. I would rather Kawasaki stick with 250's and make a fuel injected one with a dated instrument panel but beggers can't be choosers.

The MSRP between the Ninja 300 and the 250R is ~$600 apart.
The MSRP between the Ninja 300 and the CBR250R is ~$700 apart.

-The 2013 Honda CBR looks like no changes are being made
-Honda better drop the price on their CBR250R.

Goodnight sweet Honda.
Heed is offline   Reply With Quote