Thread: Falling down
View Single Post
Old September 1st, 2013, 09:14 AM   #15
tcbmellowd
Kawakaze

Name: Daniel

Motorcycle(s): 09 Blue Ninja 250

One year strong and no drops or crashes, thank God

However, I shall share the woes of a friend.

(Story takes place a few months before I purchased my bike. My friend has no experience with a street bike, but some on dirt.)
I went with one of my good friends and his girlfriend to purchase his first bike, a brand new black 2012 Ninja 650, from Chaparral Motorsports. We are all stoked during the purchase process and pick up a helmet and some gloves for the short ride home. After everything is finalized, we go to the back to get the bike. We watch as he gets on the bike and starts it up. After a few stalls, he finally gets moving. His girlfriend and I are following him on foot about 20 yards away as he approaches the stop sign near where our car is parked. We watch from a distance as he gets spooked by an approaching car and in slow-motion, drops his bike on the right side. So funny how things went from pure unadulterated joy and jealousy to oh fuuuuúūûuu!! He is fine with a few scrapes, but the 650 has suffered a broken mirror, broken footpeg, and some battle scars. We try and comfort him as he pits the broken pieces into his gf's car. After the self-defeat subsides, he rides the bike home with only a small <1" piece lf the foot peg bracket left as a footrest.

Moral of the story: Don't drop a brand new bike... You won't sleep sound that night.

Mods:|Progrip 728 Blue Aluminum Grips|Custom LED Integrated Tail Light|Flushmount Turn Signals| Fender Chop|CBR250 Hugger|ProGrip Rim Tape|Blue CF Vinyl Seat Covers|
tcbmellowd is offline   Reply With Quote