View Single Post
Old August 3rd, 2017, 11:38 AM   #12
Zaph42
ninjette.org sage

Name: John

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300 (race), Ninja 1000 (road)

When you say EBC HH, you have to specificy which ones. The base model HH sintered or organic are horrible. The only good ebc pads are EPFA (Extreme Pro) and GPFA (racing)

Base model HH pads (of any make) generally have lower friction, initial and sustained, and lower fade resistance. EP and GP are both fade resistant and higher friction but differ a bit. EP pads have lower initial bite while GP is higher initial bite. GP pads also have to heat up more so they are considered racing only. My 675R I used EP because with the Brembo power on those GP is too much that control via level modulation is more difficult. But if you enjoy 1 finger braking on supersports and can get good lever control, GP might work.

Brake systems that are weak from the factory such as Ninja 250 and 300 and SV650's, need both higher initial bite and higher sustained resistance. Then not only do you get more braking force with your initial grab, you get more control via less grip strength required at the lever.

I think Vesrah RJL are somewhere between EP and GP and they are totally fade resistant. EBC doesn't make GP pads for these crusty old calipers. I would be all over them if they did. But Vesrah RJL's come close.

I've heard so many complaints about base model HH pads at the race track that I would never run them. I've seen some warped into a smiley face shape. My very first track day years ago I had base model HH pads. Weak, fading crap. I hated them.

All IMHO. everyone has differing experiences.

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.