View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2012, 03:56 PM   #19
n4mwd
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: D

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja 250R, 2007 EFI Ninja 250R

Quote:
Originally Posted by NevadaWolf View Post
@n4mwd ah, you folk in Florida just hog all the sunshine from the rest of the country.
You're from Nevada and you say WE hog all the sun. Heck, the last three months have been non-stop rain here. We are finally getting some decent riding weather around here.

Quote:
Though, question for ya @choneofakind (or whomever), on my flush mount I have three wires. Red, black, and black/white. I've figured out the black is ground, red is blinker, and black/white is running light.
That's odd. In my case, the red was the runner and the striped was the blinker.

Quote:
Right now I have red and black wired into the existing turn signal plug with the black/white hanging loose. If I clip the black/white straight to the battery, the bright filiment comes on solid and the dimmer one blinks really fast with the switch. The solid running light drowns out the blinker.

Any ideas?
If your bike has similar wiring to the pregen, the black wire on the turn signal should go to the yellow wire on the bike (black/yellow on the newgen). That is ground. The running light wire should go to the tail light circuit. You could use the headlight wire if you are desperate, but if you want it right, it should go to the tail light running light circuit. If you do it that way, you can activate them by turning the key to "PARK" position. Otherwise, if you hook it to the headlights, it will only come on when the engine is running and NOT when in park.

Below is the pregen turn signal schematic.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Turn Signal Schematic - R3.pdf (59.1 KB, 5 views)