View Single Post
Old May 27th, 2019, 12:02 PM   #11
Misti
ninjette.org sage

Name: Misti

Motorcycle(s): currently: Yamaha YZF 250 dirt/motard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finesse View Post
Can't for the life of me see why anyone would want anything other than the first photo
I had an interesting experience riding two up on the back of Troy Corser's bike at Aragon in Spain last October. I was there doing a riding school with him as part of a Leod Escapes tour/track time trip and he asked me if I'd like to get on the back with him for a few laps of the track. At first I said NO WAY (with lots of swears in the mix) but then I thought about it and changed my mind. He had told me that I would learn more in three laps on the back with him than he could convey in two days of classroom sessions because I would actually be able to FEEL what he was doing on the bike. At first I was super skeptical (I'm make a terrible passenger because I want to be in control) but I didn't want to turn down the offer and hot damn.....did I learn a few things!!! Holy crap, it was super scary, mostly when he pitched it sideways on the third lap and chased down a guy that dared pass us.....hahaha BUT I learned a lot about front tire feel, utilizing downshifting to help get more grip and braking "sooner, softer, longer" as he teaches. Anyway, just thought I'd mention it....super fun/scary and educational experience.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 9.34.33 AM.png (252.6 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 9.35.09 AM.png (299.8 KB, 1 views)
File Type: png Screen Shot 2018-10-08 at 11.32.49 AM.png (501.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0385.jpg (46.3 KB, 1 views)
Misti is offline   Reply With Quote