View Single Post
Old February 16th, 2016, 06:37 AM   #21
Racer x
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Eric

Motorcycle(s): 2008 Kawmeracchi 350 2010 Project X

MOTM - Sep '18, Feb '16
Now on to the fuel system.
The tank is 1.35 gallon so I am in the modified class. I have the carbs running gravity feed through a Pingle shut off valve. I added a filter and just use hose and clamps.

For the nitrous I used to use gravity feed and everything went through AN-6 fittings out of the bottom of the tank. That presented a lot of problems. To remove the tank I have to drain the fuel. And remove large fittings in a cramped location.

This new tank has the return lines on top. That gets them out of the way. It's still cramped underneath the tank but much less. And I use AN-4 fittings now .

Fuel comes out of the tank goes through a filter to the pump. Then back to a T. On one side is the nitrous the other is an adjustable pressure regulator that returns fuel to the top of the tank.
I can adjust from 1~3 bar fuel pressure.

Fuel for the nitrous is delivered through thin nylon lines to atomizing jets.

I have a pile of fittings and hose but never the right ones. And I have AN-6 fuel filter . I now have to order an AN-4 filter because it smaller.

So I'm waiting for fittings and shipping my nitrous controller to England for a check up.
And I am saving up to get the ceramic bearings so I can do the wheels and start the 250cc engine build.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (111.9 KB, 12 views)