View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2011, 11:02 PM   #34
pilotgeorge747
ninjette.org guru

Name: George

Motorcycle(s): 08 Ninja 250r 03 Yamaha R6 (Project bike)

I've always thought about this while working on my car in parking lots. However as I've read on the internet there would be plenty of issues. First profits would prolly barely cover rent and utilites for a suitable building. Most car shops (most liklely bike shops as well) make most of their money on providing services and repairs other than what the customer came in for. Therefore only $35 an hour for the limited amount of spaces you have would probally just make you rent, utlities, insurance, etc even when all bays are full. Liaibilty would also be a major issue even with waivers as the right lawyer can always find a loophole. Also think of the people who come in thinking they know what they are doing with a "simple task", discover it is much more than they expected and render the vehicle unmoveable and don't have the cash or desire to pay to keep the vehicle in the bay any longer. At this point they abandon the beater car/bike that isn't worth anything and leave you to remove it. You are now left with a worthless vehicle to dispose of and no cash for whatever amount of hours they took up your bay.

As I've said I researched this a bit in the past and from what I've seen people have tried it and just about all have failed as it seemed simple at first until they discovered how complicated it actual is.
pilotgeorge747 is offline   Reply With Quote