View Single Post
Old January 8th, 2018, 10:33 AM   #57
Ram Jet
ninjette.org certified postwhore

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Kawasaki 250 Ninja, 1982 Honda Ascot FT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by randycastell View Post
Thank you all so much for sharing all your accumulated knowledge and for caring so deeply as to take the time to write thoughtful responses with suggestions and ideas. I am swayed most definitely by the community to remove the fork brace and consider other proven mods to the front suspension. Thank you again. Unfortunately the bike was ruined (totaled) by a large SUV in the local market parking lot (driver did not see the black bike).

The fork brace did nothing to limit damage. :-)

I have not seen the bike since I left it with the shop 12/21/17, but I did purchase a white non ABS Ninja 300.
Sorry for your loss. That's one reason I avoid parking in the main parking lot with the automobiles. For example, if I go to Walmart I park the bike near the main entrance to the store near a bicycle rack or some outdoor benches and tables. Yes, I park on the sidewalk at the front of most stores. I park out of the way and no one ever gives me a hard time about it.

Just me I guess. Also, if I have to park where the cars do, I park with my tail light in line with the autos tail lights so people don't think there's an empty spot and pull in and bash my bike.

I think you're gonna like the 300. For every door that closes another opens.

Bill