Motofool
Daily Ninjette rider

Name: Hernan

Motorcycle(s): 2007 Ninja 250

MOTY - 2016, MOTM - Dec '12, Jan '14, Jan '15, May '16
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by yenome View Post
........ only thing i thought was odd was that today it was 80+ degrees out in charlotte and with full choke the bike took a couple tries to fire up and then it was barely idling.........
You are welcome

It also happens to me here in Florida.
If the mix (fuel+air) is normally rich, it may be too rich for starting up with full choke when less molecules of air are sucked by the engine (hot air is less dense).

If that happens again, open the throttle some while cranking the engine.

The thing is that both, the bike and you, need some riding quality time in order to know each other and develop a long-lasting relationship.
It is more important to ride, than to ride a bike that is in perfect conditions.

Surgery time may appeal to you now, but I can tell you from experience, that it can lead to many hours of hard work, unnecessary expenses and some frustration, when things take the wrong turn, due to errors or inexperience or parts that work better when untouched.

Regular recommended service and maintenance, yes, it is always good for the bike when done properly.
Be methodical and take your time to accomplish the whole list, while keep riding.
You will learn more while you enjoy the process.
Use a torque wrench on anything that screw into aluminum (wait for the material to cool down).

Motofool is offline   Reply With Quote