Old October 7th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #1
adouglas
Cat herder

Name: Gort
Location: A secret lair which, being secret, has an undisclosed location

Motorcycle(s): Aprilia RS660

MOTM - Jul '18, Nov '16, Aug '14, May '13
Jardine fender eliminator pics

For my FE I chose the Jardine kit. It's exactly what I was looking for... neat, clean and it places the plate far enough back that it should provide a bit of spray protection if I get caught in the rain.

It's a nice beefy steel box. The existing photos and drawings on the net made it seem as if there would be gaps to fill, but happily that is not the case.

Installing it was simple and straightforward, but one of the cheap-a$$ screws that Kawasaki uses to attach the turn signals did not survive the removal process. The plate into which it screws is open to the weather and is in a place where road gick WILL get into it, which makes the screw stick. I wound having to take it out the hard way...hacksaw and file.

I replaced both screws with nice stainless hex-head cap bolts (size M6, btw).

Note how the tail light sits flush against the rear of the eliminator. No real gap there. There is a tiny slot left on the underside (less than 2mm wide) that I used to feed the license plate lights through. I later covered this (and the wires) with a piece of glass-reinforced packing tape, which is ugly but should protect things. Besides, it's hidden.

adouglas is offline   Reply With Quote