View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2019, 08:05 PM   #7
GreatGreedo
ninjette.org member

Name: Guarino

Motorcycle(s): Ninja 300, CBR 125R (My 1st bike was a 2001 ZX-6R)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannoXYZ View Post
I got mine from eBay and came in one big box. Each piece was individually wrapped in padding. There was nothing on bodywork itself that had name. Invoice said "XZMT bodywork, Ninja 250R". This particular kit came with rear-seat cap and all inner black pieces as well.

It went together pretty easily. I think A LOT of complaints about ill-fit has to do with user technique. I suspect these folks didn't install all bolts loosely first. But tightened all bolts as they went. Then last pieces end up out of alignment with no way to wiggle earlier pieces to make room.

Most likely there's many factories cranking these things out. Middle-man then calls it whatever they want and re-sells it online. They all probably used original OEM bodywork to make master moulds, so they should be similar. This isn't exactly rocket-science and even backyard fabricator can hand-make one-off copies that have precise fit. I made some moulds to repair 1st-gen '86-87 fairings since my 2nd-set came hacked in half by some racer for unknown reasons. Will post pictures when that project is completed.
I'll remember this technique, thanks