View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2022, 08:51 AM   #1
Ninjette Newsbot
All the news that's fit to excerpt

Name: newsie

Motorcycle(s): only digital replicas

[roadracingworld.com] - Australian Superbike: American Travis Wyman Racing Final Two

Travis Wyman to make Australian Superbike Championship debut at Phillip Island round Nov. 18-20 MotoAmerica veteran to compete aboard Addicted to Track Yamaha R1 LAS VEGAS — The MotoAmerica season […]

The post Australian Superbike: American Travis Wyman Racing Final Two Rounds appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.

Travis Wyman to make Australian Superbike Championship debut at Phillip Island round Nov. 18-20

MotoAmerica veteran to compete aboard Addicted to Track Yamaha R1

LAS VEGAS — The MotoAmerica season wrapped up in September, but Travis Wyman hasn’t run his last professional road race in 2022 yet. The two-time runner-up and first-ever winner in MotoAmerica’s Stock 1000 class heads down-under to race an Addicted to Track Yamaha YZF-R1 at the mi-bike Motorcycle Insurance Australian Superbike Championship presented by Motul round at Phillip Island on Nov. 18-20.

The event will mark Wyman’s first time competing in Australia’s pro road racing championship’s Superbike class. The Las Vegas resident finished runner-up in the 2022 MotoAmerica King Of The Baggers Championship and third in the 2022 MotoAmerica Stock 1000 points standings.

Wyman is looking forward to his first-time racing at the popular Phillip Island circuit, as well as racing in front of the stars of the FIM Superbike World Championship – which will be concluding its 2022 season at Phillip Island that same weekend.

Though he has yet to race at Phillip Island, Wyman has some familiarity with the circuit. He worked as an instructor with the California Superbike School at an event that took place there in 2016.

“I am so excited to return to Australia and have the opportunity to compete in ASBK,” Wyman said. “Racing abroad is something that I have dreamed of doing for many years. Phillip Island is such an iconic track. I think the Yamaha will take a little bit of time to get adjusted to, but my good buddy Mike Jones is currently leading the championship on a Yamaha so I feel we should have a good package. I am grateful for the opportunity that Mark McGregor and the Addicted to Track team have presented me. And I am hoping we can keep the momentum rolling from the MotoAmerica season into Phillip Island.”

Wyman begins his collaboration with the Addicted to Track team at a testing session on Nov. 11 in preparation for the round at Phillip Island and may compete in the Australian Superbike season finale at The Bend Motorsport Park Nov. 25-27.

Addicted to Track is a motorsports logistics company that helps its clients get out on race tracks more often – in Australia and abroad — through its fleet of race-ready motorcycles. To learn more about Addicted to Track, visit*http://addictedtotrack.com.

To stay up to date on Wyman’s Australian Superbike debut, follow him on Instagram at @twyman_10.

If you are a business owner or brand manager who’d like to team up with Wyman to get your brand in front of ASBK fans, sponsorship opportunities are available. For more information, contact Wyman at*twyman33@gmail.com.

The post Australian Superbike: American Travis Wyman Racing Final Two Rounds appeared first on Roadracing World Magazine | Motorcycle Riding, Racing & Tech News.