View Single Post
Old December 5th, 2022, 11:25 AM   #62
Bob KellyIII
Retired motorcycle Mc.

Name: Robert

Motorcycle(s): 2012 Kawasaki Ninja 250R, 2021 CSC TT250, 1977 Triumph Bonneville 750cc,2001 Honda XR650L.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TonyLambert View Post
Has anyone ever tried a sissy bar? I am looking to get one and I remember seeing a picture here with the sissy bar. It was a green Ninja in green color can not recall the exact model but I am sure I have seen it here.
Hay Tony ! I've not seen a sissy bar on a sport bike in decades ! but your right a good strong sissy bar is a great item to have on a bike I ran several over the years ! with a sleeping bag strapped behind me to the sissy bar and bars bent back it was like a sofa ! LOL.... but not on my Ninja ! a sissy bar precludes you get off to the side not the back which means if you dump it there is a real good possibility you won't be able to get away from the bike ! and that is real bad !
at one time while traveling I took a army duffel bag filled it with my goodies and strapped it to the sissy bar and had everything with me possible !
so YES a sissy bar does work for giving you a place to strap things down to
but they do have a down side in that you cannot escape off the back of the bike if you need to.... although I can't think of a case where I needed to escape off the back of the bike like that.... but that is something to consider
.... my brother in law had a bent sissy bar on his little bike and it worked real good as a wheelie bar he needed a wheel on it though ! HAHAHAHA
it was bent at a 45 degree from the seat and it just so happened that was about the balance point from going all the way over on a wheelie HA !
Bob.....