View Single Post
Old March 10th, 2010, 04:06 PM   #1
T-?
ninjette.org newbie

Name: Tony

Motorcycle(s): 09 Kawasaki 250R

New Fairings (the aftermarket ones from eBay)

So, last year I had wrecked my bike (don't really want to get into that) so after riding around the rest of the summer on my broken fairings, I decided to order new ones in. I really liked the look of the ones from eBay, and the price was pretty good. I don't have the link here at work, but I think I paid around $550 CAD shipped, so no real complaints about that.

I even had someone on eBay email me and ask what I thought about them, and I will post it below (so I don't need to write it again, his msg is on the bottom):

Dear tack2814,

No worries about bothering me, how else would you find out about them. I was a little skeptical about it at first, everyone I talked to said they wouldn't fit, whatever. They fit pretty well, the tail sections we a little tight to get on, and some of the mounting tabs were in the wrong place, or too small. Easy fix to just use a small drill bit and widen the holes, which I did have to do a few times. I did notice a few painting errors, but they are something you would have to be right up close to see, such as a few minor paint bubbles. Again, nothing really noticable when you are just looking at it from a normal distance. I did have some fitment issues with the upper and lower fairings, where they meet on the sides, there is a small, maybe 1-2mm gap at some areas between the two pieces. Again, nothing really noticable when you look at it from a far. Another things that I found a little stupid was on the lower fairings where they attach to the gas tank, the holes are drilled quite large, so I used large metal washers to hold the pieces on. I haven't been able to find a black plastic washer yet, but maybe you are more inventive than I am.

I would order them again, they look fantastic, and I get lots of compliments. It helps to hide the fact that it is a 250cc (unless you know the body). Dealing with them was not bad at all, they arrived relatively quickly, about 3 weeks, and they were packaged very well from the company (I was really impressed with the packaging). Hope any of this helps,

www.ninjette.org if you aren't already a member is a good site full of usefull information and simple mods you can do for relatively cheap (shimming the carbs is the best one)

- tonyfrombigo

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: tonyfrombigo
Subject: tack2814 has sent a message
Sent Date: 08-Mar-10 14:09:11 EST

Dear tonyfrombigo,

hey, sorry to bother you but i saw that you bought the abs plastics from "bike z" i was just wondering if i gould get some insight from you because i ordered mine about 2 weeks ago and they said they were painting them and it would take 12 days i was just wondering about your experience and how the quality of the plastic is thanks so much.

- tack2814
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2097.JPG (60.5 KB, 304 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2098.JPG (70.4 KB, 477 views)
T-? is offline   Reply With Quote