View Single Post
Old May 20th, 2010, 09:22 PM   #11
vollrathdude
ninjette.org member

Name: jordan

Motorcycle(s): '09 250r se

I finally got mine installed. It took me 2 weeks to get them mounted and it was an absolute bitch to make fit. Absolutely nothing fit out of the box and install required no less than a full garage of tools, drill, bench grinder, hack saws etc as well as epoxy and spare sheets of hard plastic and some small corner brackets to reinforce the flimsy mounting tabs (some of which busted) courtesy of home depot. That said, after all is said and done, they look half decent. For me luckily most of the ****** parts wound up being covered and there aren't really any significant gaps anywhere.

What bugged me the most was that on the tail fairing on one side i had to completely forgo bolting a tab because there was no feasible way to make it fit. On the upper fairing there weren't even any tabs to put the side bolts into. I made some out of plastic/epoxy but soon enough they broke off from the stress of bending the piece to make it fit with the lowers. Surprisingly, not even the windscreen they sent fit into the upper fairing, but since its dark smoked and looks cool i put er on anyways.

The paint job looks pretty decent and the zx2r decal i got them to put on the tail fairings looks pretty sharp. At one point i believe there is a hair under the clear coat lol. The paint tends to chip fairly easily during modification of the plastic but i can't really count that against them because i've never hacked at the stock ones for comparison.

Would i buy them again? Hells yes. For the price of one lower OEM special ed fairing they shipped me the ENTIRE bike, even the pieces such as the gauge surround and radiator shroud and taillight cover thingy. Cost of OEM parts - probably around 1200. Cost of chinese **** - 600 shipped. Difference of $600 divide that by about 20 hours and since my time is most likely worth less than $30/hour i would say that they were a good investment. They look decent and are good value for riders living below the poverty line lol.

Before you buy them just beware of what you're getting into - they will not be an easy install but will eventually turn out alright. I was warned of this ahead of time but grossly misjudged the extend to which the fitment would suck ass. All in all i give them a thumbs up
vollrathdude is offline   Reply With Quote