View Single Post
Old August 6th, 2013, 05:12 PM   #1
zach
ninjette.org member

Name: Zach

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 650R, 2009 250R

Help me please! Carb Removal (I'm Stuck)

So trying to fix the wife's 2008 250. It was running while choked, but shuts off when taking off the choke. So, I figured it's the carbs. Drained it, ran Seafoam through it, didn't work. So, trying to get the carbs out to clean them. I'm stuck at the part where I get the airbox out of the way. I've separated the carbs from the intake, but the carbs are still connected to the airbox, and I cannot get enough clearance to get them out. I've even taken the tail off and pulled the rear fender down as much as I can but it doesn't make any difference in the airbox clearance. Everyone says in their how-tos to pull the airbox back etc, but I have yet to see how it's done. The only decent video i've found for carb removal is from Duck, God bless em, but he has aftermarket air filters and not the stock airbox. So, here I am, after watching about every video related to carb removals on youtube, and reading the entire wiki about it, which just says to unscrew the airbox, which I did, and then you can pull back the airbox for clearance. What the hell am I missing here?
zach is offline   Reply With Quote