View Single Post
Old October 24th, 2020, 02:46 PM   #23
notunderweight
carb hater

Name: Jake

Motorcycle(s): 2006 Ninja EX250F

Quote:
Originally Posted by SibSerge View Post
You might just order a double gauge stack which will also allow you to synchronize your carbs - you need 2 gauges. BTW a leaking petcock hose will create mixture issues as well as it will essentially be leaning the mixture out. You can sometimes detect these leaks by spraying starter fluid into the area of a suspected leak. It will change the RPMs if there is a leak. Once all your leaks are fixed make sure you resynch the carbs and adjust the idle mixture screws
Yeah, that's what I ended up doing. They should be here next week ish, and I'll try to get some hard fuel-flow numbers.

In less quantifiable news - swapping the fuel filter for a nicer right angle one helped even more. At this point, the bike will run nicely up till about 35mph and then just lose power. Wide open throttle is still weirdly jerky but works in 1st and 2nd. It's also taking forever to warm up: I was riding this morning around town and it took easily 20 minutes to warm up completely. Granted, it's cold today, but not THAT cold!
IMG_3020.jpg
i know the hose clamps are ugly... nicer ones are in the mail :/

Anyway, all of that is making me think jkv45 is right, and the bike is running lean from a fuel flow issue. My next step is gonna be to clean the petcock filter - just gotta get the solvents and stuff that the service manual recommends.
Will update when I do. It felt great to be back out again, even if just around town.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3029.jpg (100.2 KB, 5 views)
notunderweight is offline   Reply With Quote