View Single Post
Old October 10th, 2015, 04:13 PM   #17
SLOWn60
n00bie to wannabie

Name: Bill

Motorcycle(s): 2012 250R (Red), 2005 VFR800A (Red), CRF450X (Red), 2012 F800GS (Wants to be Red!)

MOTM - Nov '15
Quote:
Originally Posted by VaFish View Post
So I'm having trouble with my daughter. She's a very fashion conscious 16 year old and looking cool is more important that being well protected on a bike to her. (I'd dress her up like the Michelin Man if I could)

I've got her a helmet, gloves, a jacket she is happy with, and boots. Problem is finding her pants. At 5'0" all the pants she had tried on have knee padding/armor that only protects her shins.

Anyone know of good gear for a short rider?
Is this more for a street look than a track look? (I know; it's to protect her!)

Whatever you do: don't tell her what some almost 60 year old geezer thinks looks cool but I think it a safe bet most would agree; not much looks cooler than a great one or two piece leather suit with a ponytail peeking out from the helmet! I had a quick look at the Dianese website (Dianese.com). There's some great pics of women riders in gear. Choose "Pants", "Leather", "Woman". Let her explore the pages. There's a sizing chart for each style and when you scroll down that page; there are sizing sections for both shorter and taller than average riders. There are other options than leather but I'll leave it for you to explore. For me the rule is leather because of the protection.
I can confirm: my 17 & 16 year old Grandaughters agree; lots of the styles are cool!
Yes...cool is going to cost you!
The Smart Money: #1 - ATGATT, #2 - Training (machine skills and survival skills), #3 - The bike; whatever floats yer boat with the money you have left over
SLOWn60 is offline   Reply With Quote

1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.