View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2015, 01:34 PM   #1
cadymae
Cadymae

Name: Caryn

Motorcycle(s): 2011 Ninja 250R

Rainbows, Visors, and Boxing

So my boxing instructor asked me to get contacts. Before I got them I had one pair of glasses, which I took off to read, and one pair of prescription sunglasses. After I got contacts I needed to also buy non-prescription sunglasses AND readers. (How does getting rid of your glasses make you end up with MORE glasses?) Anyway, I live in Florida and need sunglasses.

So I happily skipped into Sunglass Hut for the first time ever to buy sunglasses.

I now own 1 pair of Oakley and 2 pair of Maui Jim's.

First off, the Maui Jim lenses are the best things I have ever seen through. I actually go AHHHH! when I put them on they feel so good.

The Oakley frames are cool but the lenses do not make me as happy as the MJs.

But that is not really why I'm posting.

I'm posting because of all the rainbows I see in the world when I put down the visor on my HJC while wearing the MJs. Oil slicks look so neat I have to remind myself they are dangerous to me on 2 wheels. (I know all of youse who have worn non-script sunglasses for years are probably laughing at me. )

Back to the reason for this post. Is there a visor I can buy that offsets the rainbows I see everywhere, (car windows, rain puddles, oil on the ground.)
Or is that precisely the "polarizing" that makes the glasses feel so nice to look through and I should ditch the sunglasses and get a polarized shield?

Walking around in rainbow world is fine. Riding, it is kind of distracting.

-C.
cadymae is offline   Reply With Quote