View Single Post
Old April 11th, 2020, 01:54 PM   #1
Mr.Catfish
ninjette.org member

Name: Catfish

Motorcycle(s): 2009 Ninja 250r

Ninja 250r No power with ignition ON

Hey everybody, My name is Catfish. This is my first post to the forums. I've got a 2009 Ninja 250r. A little about the bike is that it has a KOSO rx2 gauge cluster and I converted the headlights to a single bulb dual filament cafe racer style headlamp.
The bike ran fine before the winter and I go to start it up a month ago and it cranked but she had no spark. Long story short, my roommate and I hook up a charger to the battery on 10 amps to try and get spark and the positive charging cable popped off of the positive terminal and touched the frame of the bike It then arched and sparked between the positive terminal and the frame. After that NO power to the cluster. The KOSO cluster seems to be fine because everytime I hook it up to the battery it lights up and does a little sweep of the tach and colors (like it should), but then shuts off waiting for the ignition switch signal to power it back up. Plus I hooked up the old cluster and still nothing. All fuses are good including the 30amp fuse! Prodding around with a volt meter I get a little above 11volts from the battery to the starter solenoid but no power to the 30 amp fuse or anything after that. I replace the starter solenoid with a new one, still nothing. I'm pretty sure I didn't short my battery because it reads almost 12 volts and I switched it with the battery in my roommates R6 and still nothing. I think the key was in the on position when all of the sparking happened so do you think I shorted something in my ignition switch? I'm pretty lost here. Thanks in advance everyone
Mr.Catfish is offline   Reply With Quote