View Single Post
Old June 10th, 2021, 06:42 AM   #2
Topaz
ninjette.org member

Name: Topaz

Motorcycle(s): 2013 Ninja 300 / Suzuki DR-Z 400 SM

I haven't upgraded the suspension yet. From what I've read so far, you have the following options for suspension:

Front:
First and cheapest, you change the forks oil for something heavier (10wt or 15wt) and change the springs to something stiffer ($120). Check RaceTech.com to find a recommendation for your weight and level of riding.

After that you can also install Gold Valve Emulators ($170) which will allow you to tune the forks for high speed compression. To do this you need to take the forks apart.

Another option for the forks is to throw away the stock internals and put cartridges as Ohlins or RaceTech. About $1000.

For the rear, you can go with a Suzuki GSX 600/750/1000 rear shock swap. Get one used off eBay for less than $100 and hopefully then rebuild it and spring it to your weight.
I don't know what year of GSX's will fit. It looks like some will fit but are shorter and lower the rear end. You can compensate by changing the suspension links (dog bones).

Or swap for a more expensive and racing shock like ohlins, penske. I guess about $800. These shouldn't change the height of the bike.

Hopefully someone with more experience will comment on this.

Mods are fun, but make sure you don't spend all your money on mods and then don't have enough to get track time.
Topaz is offline   Reply With Quote